The same old City Council won’t get Calgary where we need to go. We need a council who can work with each other, and with you, to keep our city growing.
Help us elect DJ to Council with a donation today.
Individual contributions of $5,000 per candidate in the year of a general election. There is no limit to how many candidates you can contribute to. You may make contributions to as many candidates as you wish with a limit of $5,000 per candidate during the election year.
- Only individuals resident in Alberta may make a contribution.
- Individuals or prohibited organizations who reside outside of Alberta cannot donate to a campaign.
- Prohibited organizations. As defined by the Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA) “prohibited organization” means a corporation and an unincorporated organization, including a trade union and an employee organization;
- Anonymous contributors. Any anonymous contributions must be returned to the contributor if the contributor’s identity can be established. If the identity cannot be established, the candidate shall donate the funds to a registered charity or to the local jurisdiction.
- Funds not belonging to that individual or funds that have been given to the individual by another individual or a prohibited organization for the purpose of making a contribution of those funds to a candidate, shall not be accepted by the candidate.
You can find these requirements laid out by Elections Calgary here: Donating to a campaign (calgary.ca)